The tempered glass screen protector gives the screen additional strength and wear resistance during the operation of the device. If the screen is cracked or broken and still continues to function, installing tempered glass will prevent further destruction of the screen. And it will also reduce the negative effects of the damage received. This article will let you know how to install a screen protector on a broken screen, when it is advisable to install glass, as well as what is the use after installation.
How to install tempered glass on a broken screen
1. Collect materials and improvised means for installing glass. There is a need for alcohol and dry napkins, several sharpened matches or wooden toothpicks, liquid for removing air layers, stickers or stationery tape with scissors, as well as tweezers.
2. Prepare a place to install the tempered glass. At the installation place, it is important to reduce the dust content in the air as much as possible, otherwise during the gluing process, the dust will get under the protective coating and form an air bubble. Therefore, it is advisable to carry out a wet cleaning.
3. Degrease your hands. Wash your hands with soap or wipe them with an alcohol-based antiseptic to remove sweat, grease and dirt. When using gloves, degreasing is also required.
4. Take a comfortable position. The installation of the screen protector usually takes up to 5 minutes. At the same time, there are often situations that require reinstalling the glass or removing bubbles, which in an uncomfortable position will lead to rapid fatigue. In this state, the probability of erroneous actions increases.
5. Measure the screen protector. Attach the glass and select the optimal position before installation. Pay attention to how tightly it fits to the screen module.
6. Process the device screen. Wipe the surface with an alcohol cloth to remove dust, dirt and other debris. Carefully treat the screen in places of chips and cracks. It is important to prevent moisture from entering through cracks. Napkin villi may also remain on the sharp edges of the screen module. In this case, use tweezers and collect all the remnants.
7. Install the glass. Remove the transport film from the protective coating. Attach one side of the glass to the place of the screen with the least amount of damage. Fix the position, then release the glass. Under the influence of weight, the glass will squeeze out the accumulated air. Squeeze out the remaining air with a dry cloth.
8. Fix the defects. If necessary, lift the tempered glass with a match or toothpick to reinstall or remove air bubbles. If the glass does not fit tightly and air layers are formed, apply the appropriate liquid at the place of detachment, which will fill the voids.
In some cases, you will need to apply a UV gel that hardens under the influence of an ultraviolet lamp or direct sunlight. This gel will help with significant irregularities in the places of damage to the screen module, as well as with the peeling of the protective glass.
When it is advisable to glue tempered glass on a broken screen
The installation of screen protector is advisable in case of minor damage to the screen, which does not significantly affect the performance:
- The display shows the information.
- The sensor reacts to the touch.
- There are no idle areas on the screen or such areas do not affect the operation.
- Chips and cracks do not overlap the information.
- There are no phantom clicks.
It does not make sense to install the screen protector under the condition:
- The information is not displayed in full or in a specific section.
- Sensor failure or a significant area is not working.
- Cracks block information and make it difficult to interact with the device.
- Periodic arbitrary sensor triggers.
- The presence of spots on the display that overlap the information.
What is the use of installing screen protector on a broken screen?
Due to the different volume and nature of damage to the screen, one or more positive effects are achieved in each case:
- Reduction of visible damage. Cracks and chips under the glass are visually less noticeable.
- Masking damage at the edges of the screen. Protective glasses with a black or other color frame completely hide cracks, chips and scratches within the frame.
- Safe use. The absence of direct contact with broken glass excludes damage to the skin on the hands or face.
- Prevention of further destruction of the screen. The protective glass fixes the damaged areas, which eliminates or slows down the further spread of cracks.
- Extending the service life. The ability to continue using the device with full or limited functionality, which will allow you to postpone the repair or purchase of a new device.
How do you stop a cracked screen from spreading?
To replace the cracked glass does not cost little, but sometimes you can do without replacement, especially if you plan to buy a new phone in the near future. To prevent cracks from spreading to the broken phone glass, you can install a tempered glass screen protector over it or use a closed case. A closed case is two halves. The frame is made of aluminum alloy, and the front and back panels are made of glass. There is less pressure on the screen, in this case, allowing you to stop or reduce the destruction of the glass.
Will a screen protector prevent cracks from spreading?
In some cases, the screen protector can reduce the propagation of cracks by reducing the pressure on the cracked glass. In cases of severe damage to the screen, it is impossible to reduce the cracking or prevent it from spreading at all.
Is it bad to put a screen protector on a cracked phone?
No, because a protective coating can often reduce the propagation of cracks or stop the destruction of the screen.
Can toothpaste really fix a cracked phone screen?
Toothpaste can reduce the appearance of small scratches, but it does not get rid of cracks.
Is there a screen protector that hides cracks?
Tempered glass will do.
Does liquid glass repair really work?
Liquid glass cannot hide cracks and deep scratches. Tempered glass does a better job of hiding cracks and deep scratches.
Can you put the liquid glass on a cracked screen?
Undesirable. Liquid can penetrate the screen and cause damage.
Can you fix a cracked screen with super glue?
With careful workmanship, you can glue the glass together, but it’s quite a complicated and time-consuming process.
What household items can I use to fix a cracked screen?
Nothing will fit. That’s why it’s better to install tempered glass.
Should I remove my screen protector if its cracked?
It is desirable to replace the tempered glass, as the strength characteristics will decrease at the crack.
Can broken tempered glass damage your screen?
It can’t. But it can damage your skin. That’s why it’s better to replace the broken glass.
How do I know if my phone is cracked under tempered glass?
Cracks under the glass can be seen if you look closely.
The article describes in detail how to put a tempered glass screen protector over a cracked screen, in which cases it is advisable to install, as well as what is the use after installing the glass. In most cases, installing tempered glass on a broken screen is similar to a normal installation. It is only necessary to be careful when processing the screen in the place of damage. It is useful to install tempered glass screen protector mainly to reduce the spread of screen destruction, as well as to extend the service life and postpone going to the workshop or buying a new device.
What questions do you have? Leave messages in the comments at the bottom of the article.