During installation or after some time of use, the tempered glass screen protector becomes clogged. Dust particles under the protective coating or accumulated debris on the edges do not affect the protective properties, but spoil the appearance. The instructions in this article will help you to clean the back side of the screen protector.
How to clean the adhesive side of the tempered glass
In most cases, it is necessary to partially or completely remove the screen protector for cleaning. Moreover, it will be possible to clean only the glass correctly. The protective film will not re-stick or the edges will not stick after installation. The same problem is with hydrogel films. Cleaning is possible, but in most cases it will not be possible to reuse the screen protector.
1. Collect the necessary cleaning tools. You will need stickers or stationery tape, lint-free napkins and alcohol or disposable napkins soaked in alcohol, a dry napkin and a wooden toothpick. You may also need a gel to restore the adhesive base of the coating.
2. Prepare a place for cleaning. It is important to exclude the dust content in the air, otherwise, it will not be possible to clean the screen protector.
3. Degrease your hands with an antiseptic or washing with soap.
4. Use a wooden toothpick or a sharpened match to lift the tempered glass screen protector.
5. If dust or debris does not stick to the screen protector, remove the dirt with a sticker/stationery tape or wipe it off with a napkin.
6. Remove the screen protector if the garbage is firmly attached to the adhesive base.
7. Place the screen protector on a flat surface, with the adhesive base facing up.
8. Use an alcohol napkin or a wooden toothpick to hold the screen protector.
9. To remove dust particles, use stickers or tape. Press down the sticker, then slowly peel off the sticker. Do this several times until the coating is cleaned.
10. If it was not possible to clean the garbage accumulated on the edges with a sticker, use a second alcohol napkin.
11. Hold the screen protector with the first cloth, and clean the debris outside the screen cover with the second one.
In particularly difficult cases, when the glass has fallen to the floor and got dirty before installation, it may be necessary to wash the glass under running water. In this case, you will have to hold the glass in the palm of your hand with one hand and wash the adhesive side with the other.
When the cleaning of the screen protector is completed, it is necessary to prepare the smartphone for the installation of a screen protector.
- Degrease the phone screen with an alcohol napkin.
- Wipe off the remaining moisture and stains with a dry cloth.
- Attach the screen protector to the smartphone screen.
If the connection is not strong at the edges or in a certain area, then smear such areas with a gel that restores the adhesive coating and wipe off the remnants with a napkin. Such a liquid will fill the formed air space and exclude light areas at the edges.
1. Apply a little liquid in places where the glass is not tightly connected.
2. Use a wooden toothpick to push a little liquid under the glass.
3. Collect the remaining liquid.
4. The final result of glass processing.
In cases where the adhesive layer is severely damaged, an adhesive liquid may be needed for fastening, which hardens under ultraviolet radiation.
It is necessary to apply UV gel to the screen surface, then apply a screen protector and evenly distribute the liquid over the entire area of the screen. Collect the remnants of the leaked gel with a napkin.
An ultraviolet lamp is suitable for drying and solidifying UV gel. If there is no lamp, it is enough to leave the phone for 2-3 minutes under direct sunlight. It is worth considering that the double-glazed window delays some UV radiation and increases the drying time. In cloudy weather, the drying time will increase significantly, or the gel will not dry completely.
Why is my screen protector so dirty?
On the one hand, you are constantly touching the screen of your phone, how can it not be dirty? On the other hand, there is a way to make the screen look better. You can use an oleophobic coating or liquid glass, which makes grease and dirt less likely to stick to the screen. When using tempered glass, you can apply a liquid film with an oleophobic effect on top, which will repel dirt. It is not recommended to apply a liquid film to ordinary glass due to the weak oleophobic effect. The liquid film should only be applied to the glass.
How do you remove a screen protector adhesive?
In most cases, a cloth soaked in isopropyl alcohol will help. Under the influence of alcohol, the glue loosens and is easily collected with a dry cloth.
How do I not get dust under my screen protector?
It is important to keep the screen protector clean. It is necessary to wipe the screen regularly. Do not allow dirt to accumulate around the edges of the screen. If there are voids around the edges and the screen protector starts to peel off, you need to fill the voids with an adhesive agent – a special silicone for the screen or UV gel to fix the glass.
Can dust under screen protector damage?
Dust does not harm the screen. Only large abrasive grains of sand are harmful.
Can you make a screen protector sticky again?
Yes, if you apply UV gel to glue the glass.
Do glass screen protectors leave residue?
After removing the glass, some of the adhesive backings may remain on the screen. To remove the residue, wipe the screen with a cloth soaked in alcohol.
Can you restick a glass screen protector?
You can reinstall the tempered glass several times as long as there is no damage to the glass and the adhesive layer has not worn off.
How do you remove sticky residue from screen protectors?
It is enough to wipe the screen with a cloth soaked in alcohol.
Can you remove UV glue?
The cured UV adhesive is a solid mass that can be wiped off with a plastic card. In some cases, you can heat the glue with a hairdryer and then wipe it off with a cloth. It is important not to overheat the screen.
Can liquid screen guard be removed?
The liquid screen protector is easily removed with a cloth soaked in alcohol.
What do you do when your screen protector is peeling?
You can clean your screen protector and glue it back on. Or you can install a new screen protector.
The article describes in detail how to clean the sticky side of the screen protector. Cleaning is usually necessary at the stage of installing a screen protector or after a certain time when various debris accumulates along the edges of the glass or film. At the same time, it is worth considering that in most cases only tempered glass will be successfully cleaned since a thin film will not withstand cleaning and re-installation.
What questions do you have? Leave messages in the comments at the bottom of the article.