Setting a password is one of the ways to protect personal information in case your smartphone falls into the wrong hands. At the same time, sometimes it is not possible to remember the set password due to various reasons. Therefore, in this article we will tell you how to unlock the password on your Android smartphone without resetting it to factory settings.
How do I remove the lock?
There are several methods to disable the password lock that work on certain versions of the operating system:
1. Authorization via Google account. This method worked up to Android 5, so it is relevant only on older versions of the system. The essence is to display a dialog box inviting you to enter your Google account username and password. The corresponding window appeared after entering the wrong password 5 times in a row.
2. Disabling the lock via TWRP Recovery. TWRP Recovery has a built-in file manager, which allows you to delete the files responsible for the locking of your smartphone before booting the operating system. This method will work only if you have TWRP Recovery, as the factory Recovery does not provide this function. Please read the manual for more details.
3. Dr.fone toolkit. The desktop application specializes in data recovery and supports lock key removal. Details can be found in this manual.
4. Password removal via ADB Run. If USB debugging is activated, the password is removed via ADB/ADB Run. The latter is preferable for inexperienced owners because you don’t need to enter the password. Detailed procedure.
5. Contact an authorized service center. You can get unlocking assistance from an authorized service center of the mobile device manufacturer. Since such workshops contain additional programs that are not freely available.
This article contains actual methods that will tell you how to unlock your android password without a factory reset. Each method is individual and will work only with a certain mobile device or system version. Therefore, you may need to try each method in turn.
What unlocking methods do you know? Leave your messages in comments below the article.