White phone cases are not popular. The white color looks nice, but quickly gets dirty. And most importantly, a soiled white case is hard to clean. From this article you will learn how to clean white hard plastic phone case.
What products to use to clean a white plastic case
To clean a white plastic case you can use:
- Cleaning hand wipes or antibacterial wipes.
- Cleaners for screens and TVs.
- Soap solution.
- Concentrated alcohol for limited use.
- Rubber pencil eraser.
How to clean a white plastic cover with cleaning cloths
The phone case can be cleaned with any cleaning cloths. The best choice are antibacterial wipes with 70% alcohol content. Antibacterial wipes will help you clean the encrusted dirt, as well as disinfect the case. Alcohol wipes should not be used if the phone case has a soft-touch or soft-feel coating.
Perform the following steps:
- To clean your phone and the phone case, lay a soft towel on the table. While cleaning the case, the phone may slip out of your hands and fall. The soft towel will keep your phone from breaking.
- Take the towel out of the packaging.
- Hold the case in your hand or place it on the table.
- Wipe the case thoroughly with the tissue.
- Use another cleaning cloth if you can’t remove the dirt completely.
- Wipe away any remaining moisture with a towel.
How to Clean a White Plastic Case with a Cleaner
Cleaner for screens and TVs contains harmless detergents. Also, the composition does not contain alcohol, which is not desirable to use for covers with soft-touch and soft-feel coating.
Proceed as follows:
- Apply the cleaning agent to the microfiber cloth.
- Hold the case in your hand or place it on a soft towel on the table.
- Wipe the case thoroughly and remove the dirt. If necessary, reapply the cleaner on a cloth and wipe the case again.
- Remove moisture from the case. Use a towel or dry microfiber cloth.
How to clean a white plastic cover in a soapy solution
A soapy solution is a gentle way to remove dirt and sweat from the case. For a soapy solution, just mix a little hand soap, baby shampoo or shower gel with warm water. You can also use a dishwashing detergent without aggressive cleaning components.
Do the following steps:
- Fill a container with warm water.
- Add liquid soap or other detergent to the water.
- Stir the detergent into the water.
- Dip the sheath in the soapy solution and wash it thoroughly.
- Remove the clean case from the soap solution and rinse it in clean water.
- Pat the case dry with a towel.
How to Clean a White Plastic Case with Concentrated Alcohol
Concentrated alcohol helps remove stubborn dirt. However, concentrated alcohol should not be used on cases with soft-touch or soft-feel coatings. After contact with concentrated alcohol the soft-touch coating will be destroyed. The rubber and silicone parts of the case may also soften or be destroyed. Therefore, concentrated alcohol should only be used on plastic and polycarbonate covers without rubber coating.
Follow these steps:
- Soak a cloth in concentrated alcohol.
- Hold the case in your hand or place it on a table.
- Use your other hand to wipe the sheath in the soiled areas.
- If white marks appear on the case after the concentrated alcohol, then wipe the case with a cleaning cloth.
- Dry the cleaned case with a towel to remove any residual moisture.
How to Clean a White Plastic Case with an Eraser Gum
An eraser is an effective way to remove dirt that has set in. Particularly on ribbed or dotted surfaces to reduce slipping in your hand.
Follow these steps:
- Secure the pencil case in your hand or place the pencil case on a table.
- With your other hand, rub an eraser in the soiled areas.
- Use a cleaning cloth to remove any remaining gum.
- Use a dry wipe to remove moisture from the case.
How to clean a yellowed white plastic case
Under the influence of heat, dirt and sweat, as well as the sun’s radiation, white plastic cases turn yellow. The following steps will help delay this inevitable process:
- Regular cleaning of the case.
- Avoiding overheating the case.
- Reducing the amount of time you use the phone in the sun.
- Using multiple cases and replacing them periodically.
If the phone case is yellow, bleaching the case will help you restore your white color. Use bleaching toothpaste and baking soda to bleach the case. You can also use baking soda and bleach for hard plastic cases.
Read more in the article Why do Clear Cases Turn Yellow?
How to remove sticky residue from a plastic white case
Some phone case manufacturers or retailers like to put stickers with technical information and price tags directly on the case. Sticky residue is often left on the caseafter the sticker is removed. Hand and dirt will stick to the sticky residue. Soapy water and alcohol wipes often help to remove the sticky residue.
Read more in How to Get Sticky Residue Off Phone Case?
How to disinfect a white plastic case
Every time we pick up our phone, pests and germs stay on the case. Some case manufacturers use silver sputtering. Silver prevents the development of bacteria, so when choosing a case it is worth paying attention to the antimicrobial properties of the case. However, the silver plating rubs off over time, and many cases are sold without antimicrobial protection. Therefore, you need to disinfect the case on a regular basis.
You can use antibacterial cleaning cloths to disinfect the case. You may also use alcohol wipes with 70% alcohol content. You can also wash the case in a soapy solution.
Read more in the article How to Disinfect a Phone Case?
This article describes in detail how to clean white hard plastic phone case. White plastic case looks nice on any phone. However, white plastic case should be kept clean regularly, otherwise the case will quickly get dirty and lose all its charm. Also white plastic case over time needs bleaching. Also, don’t forget about disinfecting your white plastic case on a regular basis.
And what ways do you use to clean a white plastic case? Share your opinion in the comments below the article.