Social life online is an important part of peoples’ lives. We love to share with others, building our perfect image on the internet. However, this tiresome job sometimes becomes an unnecessary burden, and constant security issues can speed up the process. When it happens, users want to remove their accounts permanently, along with all the content uploaded. Let’s check the possible ways of doing it.
Disabling or deleting?
There are two options Instagram developers offer us should we decide to quit:
- Delete account completely. Keep in mind that in this case, everything connected to your internet profile will be gone. There is no restore button, no way back. After a certain period, your online trace will disappear from their servers.
- Disable account. A similar option is typically offered by online gaming web sites – suspending the profile for a while to give the consumers some rest. This way, the content will remain hidden until you decide to give your profile a visit.
Whichever option you are going for, you will have to enter your page from any browser of your choice. Make sure you know login and password; otherwise, you might be having a hard time deleting the account, especially if you do not remember connected email inbox credentials.
You can disable your account once in seven days. To do that, follow these steps:
- visit your page using a web browser (you can’t do it ,
- click on your avatar and choose Profile in the pop up menu,
- choose the Edit button in the middle of the page,
- scroll down and click the disable account button.
After explaining your decision to the service, confirm your password.
Back up your data
If you opt for the first option, though, it might be a good idea to keep all the content you have been sharing online before taking actions. You might hate the platform itself, but you love your pictures. Thankfully, there is a way to request all the data. To do that, follow these steps:
- enter the Instagram app,
- tap the right-bottom icon with your avatar on it,
- hit right top icon with three horizontal lines,
- choose the cog icon at the bottom of the screen,
- tap Privacy menu item,
- choose Request Download,
- enter the email address connected to the account and hit the Request button.
In two days, they will send you a link by following which you will download all the information you have been sharing to the world.
Since there is no way back, think twice before removing the page. You will have to make another one from scratch should you decide to return. If you have made up your mind, do the following:
- follow this link
- log in if the system asks,
- select the reason for your permanent departure from the list offered,
- confirm your decision by clicking the respective button.
Keep in mind that the effect will not be immediate. They will wait for about a month to start removing everything you have ever posted. In fact, it might take some three months to complete the process. This means that if you decided to depart the digital world and head to the real one, you should be planning.
Instructions for smartphone
1. Run the application.
2. Open your profile.
3. Tap the three-line menu icon.
4. Open the program settings.
5. Select “About”
7. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the “here” link.
8. Open the spoiler with information on how to delete an Instagram account.
9. Next, click the link “Delete your account”.
10. In the drop-down menu select the reason why you decided to delete your account.
11. Next, scroll down and enter your account password.
12. Confirm the deletion of the account.
13. Now your account has been deleted.
How to delete instagram account on android phone, iPhone, app?
The way has been described above. You need to find your Profile page and choose to delete your account.
How to delete instagram account without a password?
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it. You need to go to the login page and click on the “Forgot password” link next to the password form. Then enter your connected email, and you’ll get an email with a “reset password” link. Click on it, and your old password is disabled. Next, set a new password and go to the “Delete your account” page, where you need to follow all the steps to delete your account as we described above.
How to delete instagram account without log in?
It’s not possible. In any case, you will have to enter your login and password to confirm that you are the owner of this instagram account.
How to delete instagram account temporarily?
On the “Delete your account” page, click the “temporarily disable” link and follow the instructions.
How to delete instagram account on a computer, PC, or Mac?
In general, the way is the same as we showed above. The difference is that you need to go to https://www.instagram.com/ instead of the phone app, log in, and then do the same steps.
Does Instagram delete after 30 days?
An account will be deleted if the user has blocked the account 4 times in a month or has not logged in for 30 days after blocking the account.
How long does it take to permanently delete Instagram?
If you select permanent deletion, the account is deleted immediately and cannot be restored.
How do you delete an Instagram account without logging in?
It is not possible to delete an account without logging in.
We have described here simple steps you need to take to delete your Instagram account permanently. You can do this on your Android phone, iPhone, Mac, or PC. If you have any questions, please, ask in the comments below.