Regular interaction with your smartphone leads to the formation of various harmful bacteria and viruses on the surface. From this article you will learn how to disinfect your mobile device, as well as how often to disinfect.
Most liquids in a screen care kit contain active detergents as well as poly hydrochloride as a disinfectant. Therefore, in addition to disinfecting, the cleaning fluid will also clean accumulated dirt from the screen and the body of the mobile device.
To disinfect your phone with cleaning liquid, follow the next steps:
1. When using the case, remove the device beforehand.
2. Apply the cleaner evenly to one half of the microfiber cloth.
3. Wipe the screen and body of the mobile device.
4. Use the other dry half of the wipe to wipe the screen and body of the device to remove streaks and moisture residue.
Before installing the cover or bumper also disinfect the accessory from the outside and inside with a cleaning liquid. Or wash the accessory under running water with soap and water, if the accessory is designed to be washed under running water. If electronic components are present, do not wash the case.
The single wipes are soaked in 70% isopropyl alcohol, effectively cleaning and disinfecting the coating of the mobile device. Double wipes additionally include a dry wipe to remove excessive moisture. However, due to the small size of the wipes, 2-4 alcohol wipes will be required for complete cleaning.
To disinfect your phone with alcohol wipes, follow the next steps:
1. Before disinfecting your mobile device, remove the case if you are using it. Treat the inside and outside of the cover.
2. Unwrap the alcohol wipe.
3. Unwrap the wipe and wipe the mobile device. Start with the screen, and then move on to disinfecting the body.
4. If one wipe is not enough to treat, wipe the mobile device again with a new wipe. Alternatively, group 2-3 alcohol wipes into one, then treat the phone.
5. If you have a dry wipe, unzip the package, unwrap the wipe, and collect the remaining moisture.
Hand wipes contain antibacterial additives which have an antiseptic and antiviral effect. Antibacterial cleaning wipes with increased antiseptic or alcohol content are still commercially available.
To disinfect your phone with hand wipes, follow the next steps:
1. Remove the wipe from the bag or plastic container.
2. Wipe the screen, then the mobile device case.
3. Using a dry or microfiber cloth, wipe the mobile device to collect excess moisture and remove streaks.
A recent study by research firm dscout found that average users touch their phones 2,617 times a day, and that number increases to 5,427 for heavy users. Between touching your phone, your face and surfaces including countertops, keyboards and more, spreading germs is likely.
Some germs and viruses, including coronavirus, can linger on surfaces anywhere from a few hours or up to several days or more, depending on the surface material and the environmental conditions. That’s why learning how to clean your phone is just as important as learning the right way to wash your hands.Source: https://www.verizon.com/articles/how-to-clean-your-cell-phone/
A UV Sanitizer is a device that is a box in which you can put your smartphone and other portable electronics. A lamp built into the UV Sanitizer emits UV light, which treats the devices placed in the box and destroys most harmful bacteria, infections and viruses that are sensitive to UV light.
To disinfect your phone with UV Sanitizer, follow the next steps:
- Connect the UV Sanitizer to a power source.
- Remove the cover from the phone.
- Place the mobile device inside the UV Sanitizer with the screen facing upwards.
- Close the lid and press the button on the body of the Sanitizer to activate the sterilization.
- Normally the sanitizer will switch off after 10 minutes. Open the lid and turn the device upside down.
- Close the lid and turn on the UV Sanitizer.
- After the disinfection process has been completed, remove the mobile device from the condenser.
- Have the case sterilized on both sides, then place it back on the phone.
When and how often do I disinfect my phone?
Disinfect your mobile device every time you return from the street by washing your hands beforehand. Also, clean the phone each time it is picked up by another person, such as a friend or colleague. If possible, wipe your device with a damp or alcohol wipe throughout the day.
Health experts suggest cleaning your phone at least once a day as a preventative measure. Before you begin, check with the manufacturer for guidance on how to clean your device.Source: https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/how-sanitize-your-phone-and-other-devices
This article describes in detail how to disinfect your mobile phone. The most accessible way is to wipe it with a cloth soaked in a cleaning or antiseptic liquid. This option is relevant for disinfection on the go or during the day.
At home you can disinfect it with a cleaning agent or sterilize it with a UV Sanitizer.
What and how often do you disinfect your smartphone? Share your experiences in the comments at the bottom of the article.