All Android phones support Power Saving mode. Power saving mode allows you to extend battery life by limiting the operation of some power-consuming functions and processes. In this article you will learn how power saving mode works, as well as how to enable power saving mode in Android 12 and 13.
What is Power Saving Mode?
Power Saving Mode is a feature that helps you save battery power and extend battery life. Power saving is achieved by disabling or limiting certain non-priority functions. Each phone manufacturer individually sets the functions that are disabled or restricted. Therefore, the capabilities and effectiveness of power saving mode in the phones of each manufacturer vary.
The most common feature restrictions are as follows:
- Dark theme activation.
- Reducing screen refresh rate to 60 Hz.
- Disabling automatic subtitles.
- Limiting the background activity of apps. To update data, such as email messages, weather data, or news feed information, you must manually open the appropriate app.
- Stops some apps from working. Some apps with constant background activity stop working, such as the voice assistant. Voice commands stop being active.
- Location detection stops.
- Limits the maximum clock speed of the processor.
- Set the minimum screen activity time to 15 or 30 seconds.
- Disables the 5G network.
- Disables the Always On Display feature.
- Decreases the brightness of the screen.
How do I turn on power save mode?
Enable, disable, and configure power saving mode are in the battery settings. If power saving mode is configured, then quick activation can be done in the quick settings panel. To do this, expand the quick settings panel and click on the power saving mode icon. If there is no button, then you should click on the pencil icon and move the icon.
How do I turn on power saving mode on Samsung phones?
To turn on power saving mode on Samsung phones and tablets, follow these steps:
- Open the system settings on your phone.
- Select the “Battery and Device Maintenance” menu.
- From the new menu, select the “Battery” option.
- Press the switch to activate power saving mode.
Optionally, the power saving mode can be configured. The user can enable or disable some advanced features:
- Disable “Always On Display” operation.
- Activate CPU frequency limitation up to 70%.
- Decrease the brightness of the screen backlight by 10%.
- Deactivate the operation of the 5G network.
- Limit the operation of applications and home screen. If you activate this menu, you can add apps to limit background operation.
How do I turn on power saving mode on my Motorola and Google Pixel phones?
Follow these steps to turn on power saving mode on Motorola and Google Pixel phones:
1. Open your phone’s settings.
2. Select the “Battery” menu.
3. Next, open the “Battery Saving Mode” menu.
4. Activate the “Use Battery Saving Mode” option.
5. Optionally, activate the “Turn off at full charge” option. In this case, the power saving mode will be activated only when the battery charge is less than 90%.
6. It is also possible to set the power saving to work on a schedule. To do this, click on “Create Schedule”.
7. Then select “Based on percentages”.
8. Then set the switch in the range of 5-75%. Power saving mode will turn on when the set battery level is reached.
In Google Pixel phones and some phones from other manufacturers, there’s also an option called “Considering Charge History.” This is an intelligent mode of operation based on previous charges. The system will turn on the power saving mode, if the current charge is not enough to recharge the battery.
How to turn on the power saving mode in Xiaomi phones?
To turn on the power saving mode in Xiaomi phones and tablets, follow these steps:
1. Open your phone settings.
2. Scroll down the page and select the “Power and Performance” menu.
3. In the next menu, select one of the suggested power saving options: “Power saving” or “Ultra power saving”.
4. Familiarize yourself with the limitations of the device when you activate the mode. To apply the selected mode, press “Ok”.
- In Power Saving mode, the system restricts system app activity, freezes background apps, clears RAM when screen is locked, disables high power consumption services, and 5G network operation.
- In Ultra Power Saving mode, it restricts all features that use the most power and slows down your phone’s performance. In addition to restrictions from Power Saving mode, it adds brightness reduction, a dark theme, and CPU performance reduction. At the same time, the selected mode does not affect the operation of calls, messages and network communications.
After switching to “Ultra Power Saving” mode, the luncher with a minimum number of functions is used. The user can place on the desktop up to 6 most necessary applications for use.
How to turn on power saving mode in OPPO phones?
Follow these steps to turn on power saving mode on your OPPO phones:
- Open the system settings of your phone.
- Scroll through the page and select the Battery menu.
- In the new menu, select one of the suggested power saving options: “Power saving mode” or “Super power saving mode”.
If you select Super Power Saving mode, the system will warn you about the decrease in performance, as well as the possibility to run not more than a few applications at a time. Press the “Enable” button to confirm.
Once Super Power Saving mode is enabled, a dark theme is automatically activated and the home screen is set to a minimum of functions. You can select up to 6 apps to place on the Home screen.
How to enable power saving mode in Realme phones?
Follow these steps to enable power saving mode on Realme phones:
- Open your phone’s settings.
- Scroll down the page and select the “Battery” menu.
- In the next menu, select “Power Saving Mode.”
- In the new menu, activate the switch under “Power Saving Mode.” Optionally, you can enable automatic activation of the mode at 60% of charge or less. Or you can set it to activate at a certain charge level.
Once power saving mode is enabled, the “Optimization” item appears. You can enable or disable the recommended settings: reducing screen brightness, turning off the screen after 15 seconds, disabling synchronization and background applications, reducing screen refresh rate.
How to enable power saving mode on Asus phones?
To enable power saving mode on Asus phones, follow these steps:
- Open the system settings of your phone.
- Select the “Battery” menu.
- Open the item “Power Saving Mode.
- In the new menu, activate the power saving function. Also choose at what level of charge mode will be activated in the range of 5-75%.
In some Asus models “Power saving mode” is called “System modes” in the battery menu. When selecting the menu, the user has 4 presets of automatic power saving settings and a manual mode for individual adjustment.
This article describes in detail what power saving mode is, as well as how to enable power saving mode in Android 12 and 13. Power saving mode limits the operation of some functions with high power consumption. This increases the life of your phone. Each phone manufacturer customizes the power-saving feature, so the power-saving capabilities and performance of each phone model will differ. In addition, some phone manufacturers allow you to customize the power saving mode settings to eliminate some unwanted system limitations.
Do you use power saving mode? Share your opinion in the comments at the bottom of the article.
What is power saver on Android?
Power saver mode is a feature that limits the operation of tasks with high power consumption. It makes your phone work longer without major performance limitations.
Where is power saving mode on s21?
The power saving mode is in the “Battery and Maintenance” menu.
Is Low Power Mode bad for battery health?
Battery saver mode does not affect battery life. So you can use the power save mode without any limitation.
How do I switch to power save mode?
Open the Quick Settings toolbar and click the power saver button.
Does battery saver slow down charging?
Battery saver mode doesn’t affect how fast the battery will charge. The phone will charge at the normal speed in any mode.
What is ultra battery saver?
Ultra battery saver mode is an advanced power-saving mode. This mode uses more performance limitations to increase battery life. This includes limiting CPU clock speed, enabling dark theme, disabling 5G network, clearing RAM, etc.
What is auto power saving mode?
In auto power saving mode, power saving is activated at a certain level of charge, e.g. 45%. If the battery charge is more than 45%, then the phone is in normal mode. If the battery has 45% remaining, then power saving mode is automatically activated.
How do I set battery saver on Android 12?
Battery saver mode is in the battery settings. You can also use the quick settings panel for a quick activation.
Why is battery saver not available?
Phone manufacturers allow users to select at what battery level to turn on battery saver. If the phone is fully charged, then battery saver is not available.
How do I turn off Battery saver on Samsung A12?
Open the quick settings panel and click on the power saver button to turn off the function.
How is phone’s power saver mode enabled?
You can force the power saver on your phone. Then it would be active all the time. Or you can set it to turn on on at fixed times. If so, it will automatically start when the battery charge percentage is reached.
Does battery saver ruin the battery?
The battery saver will not affect the battery or degrade the battery life. It only reduces the battery life of some functions that use a lot of power.
How do I turn extreme battery saver?
Extreme battery saver mode is available on some manufacturers’ phones. In this case, in the battery settings you can select several battery saving modes – normal mode and extreme mode.
Does dark mode save battery?
Activating the dark theme helps you save battery power if your phone has an OLED display. OLED displays have an individual power supply for each pixel. No power is supplied to the pixel to display black. So OLED matrices effectively save energy if the design and wallpaper is black. In IPS displays, the dark theme does not save energy because of a different operating principle.
Does ultra power saving mode work?
In ultra power saving mode, the phone consumes less power due to various limitations: reducing CPU frequency, reducing screen refresh rate to 60Hz, turning on a dark theme, limiting the background work of applications, and so on. That’s why Ultra Power Saving mode works.