A protective film or tempered glass is glued to the phone glass using a silicone base. After a while, some of the adhesive backings dries out, causing the screen protector to lag behind the phone screen. In this article, you will learn how to restore the silicone layer and make the screen protector sticky again.
How to rebuild a sticky silicone layer?
To make the screen protector sticky again will help to reapply the silicone base. The silicone liquid is sold in online stores. The gel is supplied in a transparent bag with a thin brush.
Note: When applying silicone gel, do not allow the liquid to enter the speaker, microphone, and other phone cracks. Otherwise, the performance of certain parts of the smartphone/tablet will be impaired.
- Prepare your work desk for the restoration work. Prepare dry and wet cloth to remove gel residue, alcoholic wipes, or degreasing alcohol. You will also need a wooden toothpick or a sharpened match to remove the screen protector.
- Remove dirt where the glass or film has peeled off. If necessary, remove the protective coating using a wooden toothpick.
- Wet the napkin with alcohol. If you removed the screen protector, wipe the screen of your mobile device with an alcohol wipe to remove any residue from the adhesive.
- Wipe with an alcoholic cloth the dirty areas of glass or film to remove accumulated dust and dirt.
- Apply a few drops of silicone fluid to the screen protector. Use a brush to spread the liquid evenly over the entire area of the screen protector.
- Put on the screen protector. Use a dry cloth to remove the residue of the squeezed gel.
- If you have not removed the screen protector, use a brush to apply the gel where the screen protector has detached from the device screen. Wipe with a dry cloth and collect the gel residue.
Read also, how to clean tempered glass screen protector?
Video How to make screen protector sticky again
Why is the protective film peeling off the phone?
Below are the most common reasons why the screen protector is peeling off the phone screen. In these cases the screen protector can be made sticky again in the way described above:
- The screen protector isn’t flat enough.
- When installing the screen protector, the edges of the screen were not sufficiently degreased.
- Dust and dirt accumulation at the edges of the screen protector.
- Dried out gel at old protective films and tempered glasses.
How do I make my screen protector stick?
It is important to degrease and clean the screen before installing the protective cover. If the protective coating is loose around the edges, a UV adhesive to stick the protective glass can help.
How do you get a broken glass screen protector off?
You need to put tape on top of the glass. Then use a wooden toothpick or plastic card to pry up the glass and slowly peel it off. We’ve already shown it in this video.
Can you take off and reapply a glass screen protector?
Yes, you can if the adhesive layer is intact. Otherwise, you will have to use UV glue to stick the protective glass. Read the article or watch video how to restick a glass screen protector.
Are screen protectors worth it?
Yes. Screen protector helps protect the phone screen and prevents scratches.
Why do screen protectors crack so easily?
Because of the strong tension on the surface of the glass. This is a peculiarity of tempered glass production technology.
Can you put two screen protectors on a phone?
Yes. But it may reduce the sensitivity of your phone touchscreen.
Do glass screen protectors affect touch sensitivity?
No, they don’t.
Do screen protectors stop shattering?
If the glass is cracked, the screen protector will slow down the breakage, but will not completely prevent the glass from breaking.
Are cheap screen protectors good?
Yes, it’s not a bad option if you can’t buy better quality tempered glass.
How do I keep my screen protector from peeling?
Clean the protective coating regularly and prevent dirt and debris from accumulating around the edges of the glass.
How do you fix a screen protector that won’t stick?
If the tempered glass is dirty, you will have to remove the glass. Then clean the screen and clean the dirty protective cover. Scotch tape is good for cleaning and will pick up any accumulated debris. To restore the adhesive backing, you may need to use UV adhesive to stick the protective glass. Read more about it and watch the video.
Can you reapply liquid screen protector?
No, you can’t.
Is liquid screen protector better than tempered glass?
Definitely not. Tempered glass is better because it is much more durable and protects your phone much more reliably.
Does liquid screen protector really work?
Rather no than yes. It can probably protect the screen from minor scratches. But no serious protection is out of the question.
Is nano glass better than tempered glass?
For phone protection, tempered glass is much better. Nano glass can be seen as a way to restore the attractive appearance of the phone screen.
This article describes in detail how to make the screen protector sticky again. Applying the gel will help restore the dried silicone coating without having to replace the tempered glass or protective film. When performing the procedure, it is important to prevent the gel from getting inside the phone; otherwise, it is easy to disrupt the performance of its components.
What kind of questions do you have? Leave comments at the bottom of this article.