Most users prefer tempered glass to protect their smartphone screen. The tempered glass screen protector is stronger and more reliable than film and not much more expensive. You don’t need any special skills to apply the tempered glass screen protector to your smartphone, but there are a few details that need to be taken into account in order to install the tempered glass screen protector the first time correctly.
Another time you might want to know how to remove a tempered glass screen protector.
How to install the tempered glass correctly
Guidance on how to install safety glass correctly on your smartphone includes several steps:
- Prepare the room
- Assemble the necessary equipment for tempered glass installation
- Wash your hands
- Apply a screen protector
- Prepare smartphone screen
- Remove dust from the screen
- Install protective glass
The plastic film is installed in the same way. Read also what is the best type of screen protector.
1. Get the room ready. It is important to remove dust from the room to install glass or film correctly. If you install a screen protector in a dusty room, there is a high probability that dust will get under the protective film or glass. Why is this a bad thing? You don’t like to look at a dirty or dusty phone display, do you? It is advisable to do wet cleaning, hang a few wet towels for a while, or turn on the air humidifier. Then the dust will settle under the influence of moisture.
2. Assemble the necessary equipment so that everything you need to install the screen protector is at your fingertips. It is important not to interrupt the installation of the screen protector, so prepare everything you need in advance: phone, protective film or glass, degreasing liquid, microfiber cloths, scissors, scrapers, or tape.
Usually, the screen protector kit contains everything you need, including stickers and napkins. However, you may need an extra tool.
3. Wash your hands. It is important to degrease your hands with soap or other cleaning products. After washing, hands should be wiped dry with a towel or paper towels. Use a rag that does not contain fine lint or dust.
4. Apply a screen protector. Before installing, place the screen protector on the front surface of the phone, align, and remember the optimal position.
5. Treat the surface of your smartphone. Degrease and clean touch screen for screen protector installation. If there are wipes supplied with the screen protector, take the wet wipe from the first package and treat the surface. Then take a dry wipe out of the second package to remove any excess moisture and streaks. If no wipes are included with the screen protector, use antiseptics or alcohol-containing wipes, then wipe the surface dry with a dry cloth.
6. Remove any residual dust. A few dust particles often fall on the surface of your phone that has already been treated. Use stickers or adhesive tape to collect dust particles without leaving greasy streaks on the surface of the phone.
7. Install a screen protector. Remove the backing of the screen protector while holding it by the edges. Attach one end of the Screen Protector to the phone. Align the position, then slowly lower the Screen Protector and press it with the other hand to avoid air bubbles. After the screen protector is installed, remove the backing from the screen protector.
If the installation of a tempered glass screen protector failed, remove it and reinstall it.
How do I not get dust under my screen protector?
How do I find a screen protector for my phone?
There is no one size fits all screen protector, because phone screen sizes vary. To find the right screen protector for your phone, it is best to check with the retailer or in the description whether the model of screen protector is suitable for your phone.
Whether it’s a tempered glass or a film screen protector depends on your needs. Tempered glass protects your phone much better than a film, but if your phone is old, and you never drop it, a film screen protector may be enough. A glossy screen protector is less likely to distort colors, but will stain quicker and reflect glare. A matte film is less dirty and reflects glare well, but somewhat impairs the display of information.
How do I not get dust under my screen protector?
Before installing the screen protector, it is a good idea to wet clean and reduce the concentration of dust in the air. Also, wipe the area where you will be installing the screen protector with a damp cloth. It is also important to clean the film and keep the screen protector in good condition, so that dust does not get under the edges of the film.
We recommend that you don’t neglect wet cleaning before installing the screen protector, as dust is the main cause of air bubbles.
Is it hard to put on a screen protector?
Tempered glass is easy to install. The problem is air bubbles that form under the glass during installation due to dust and dirt that gets on the phone glass or the sticky side of the tempered glass. To avoid air bubbles, do a wet cleaning in the room and wipe the work area with a wet cloth.
The plastic screen protector is more difficult to install. It is necessary to carefully squeeze out the air during installation. The glued film cannot be installed again, because the protective coating becomes unusable after removal.
How do you fix bubbles in tempered glass?
You need to remove the tempered glass screen protector, clean the screen and the sticky side of the glass, and then put it back on. To clean the screen, a monitor cleaner is suitable. To collect dust from the sticky side of the glass, you must use tape or stickers that are good at collecting dust and other debris. Again, as mentioned above, do a wet cleaning before starting the installation so you don’t get more air bubbles.
Video: installation of tempered glass screen protector
How do you put a screen protector on perfectly?
It is necessary to degrease the screen and remove dust. It is important to install the film on the screen without moisture. It is enough to measure and properly glue the film on one side, and then gradually glue the rest of the film, smoothing and removing the air under the film.
How do you align a tempered glass screen protector?
It is necessary to lift the glass. Measure the position and glue one edge evenly and then glue the rest of the glass.
How do you fix an uneven screen protector?
It is necessary to remove the film and install it again, choosing the correct position beforehand. Often the removed film does not stick back.
How do I make my screen protector smooth?
To keep your screen protector smooth, you need to clean it regularly from dirt. You can also apply a liquid screen protector or an oleophobic coating.
How do I lubricate my phone screen?
It is necessary to apply a small amount of the product and distribute it evenly over the entire screen. Remove the remaining moisture with a cloth.
Do air bubbles go away on screen protectors?
Air bubbles by themselves can only disappear from under plastic films. The air will escape by itself after a few days under hydrogel films. The air must be squeezed out of the tempered glass manually.
How do you put a screen protector on without bubbles?
Clean and degrease the screen thoroughly before installing the screen protector. During installation, squeeze out any air trapped under the tempered glass.
Can I put a screen protector on myself?
Yes, installing a screen protector is not difficult. However, without experience the first installation can be unsuccessful, so it is worth stocking up on spare tempered glass or films for experiments.
How long does it take for a screen protector to set?
The installation process takes 5-10 minutes. Experienced users can do it in 2-3 minutes. After installation, the protective cover is immediately ready for use.
Do screen protectors crack easily?
The weak point of tempered glass is the edges. There is a lot of stress near the center. That’s why tempered glass doesn’t break that easily. But it is not unbreakable, it can break if it is hit quite hard against a sharp object or if it is dropped from a great height.
Do screen protectors prevent cracks?
If you use tempered glass, it will help prevent scratches and cracks from forming when you bump or drop it. Protective films do not provide the same level of protection and the screen is easy to break if you drop the phone on a hard surface.
The article describes in detail how to install the screen protector on your phone. The installation process is simple and does not require any special knowledge and skills. It is enough to clean the phone surface and apply the screen protector evenly. In most cases, the air is removed under pressure from the glass weight. Most time is required to prepare for installation, particularly to clean the room from dust.
Do not forget to clean the screen protector regularly.
And what kind of screen protection do you prefer for your smartphone? Leave your opinion in the comments section below.