The automatic screen lock feature is an essential feature of Apple smartphones and tablets. After activation, the screen is locked after the time interval set in the settings, which contributes to additional security and energy savings. This article will let you know how to disable auto-lock on the iPhone, enable the option, or change the auto-lock interval.
How to disable, enable, or change the auto-lock time
1. Go to your smartphone system settings.
2. In the list of suggested options, select the Screen and Brightness item.
3. In the next menu, select the Auto-lock item.
4. Specify your preferred auto-lock time. For example, if you select 3 minutes, the lock will occur after 3 minutes of inactivity.
5. To disable the automatic screen lock, select the Never option.
Why would the auto-lock be disabled?
The iPhone usually takes into account the user’s presence and does not turn off the screen. In some scenarios, the phone does not notice the user’s attention and turns off the screen.
- Cooking in the kitchen.
- Physical exercises.
- Cleaning the house, etc., when the user is away from the smartphone.
The article describes in detail how to remove the auto-lock on the iPhone. Disabling this option will allow the screen to always remain active, which is useful in certain tasks. In this case, the disabled lock is undesirable from the point of view of security and energy saving. Therefore, if it is not necessary, it is advisable to set the auto-lock interval to 1–2 minutes.
What questions do you have? Leave messages in the comments below the article.