If you need to transfer contacts from your iPhone to the SIM card, you can do so in either of the two simple ways described below.
Method 1. Using the Gmail service and an Android smartphone
To transfer phone book entries, you will need another device running on Android OS. You will need to generate contacts in Gmail, copy them to the SIM card, and then move the card to the iPhone.
1. Open the system settings on the iPhone, where you will select the Contacts item.
2. In the window that opens, tap the Accounts item, and then the Gmail item. If you don’t have a Gmail account, register and log in.
3. Under the Gmail account item, activate the switch next to the Contacts item. Wait until the entries are synced, then make sure to grant your phone access to the Internet.
- Next, install the SIM card in any phone running Android OS. Enter your Google account. To do this, go to settings, then accounts, then the option using Google.
- Sync your account with your current device, so that your phone will display phone number entries.
- Then open the directory app where the phone numbers are stored.
- In the hidden context menu, select the Import/Export item. In the next window – Export to SIM Card.
- After reading the phone book, the phone will prompt you to select the numbers you need selectively or select all of them.
- After tapping the Export button, the phone will inform you that when transferring to the SIM card, only part of the information will be saved, without photos, music and additional information. If this is not critical, confirm the action.
- After confirmation, the selected numbers will be copied to the SIM card. Move the number back to the iPhone and use it.
Method 2. Using the My Contacts Backup program and another phone, including on Android OS
To collect phone book numbers, you will need the My Contacts Backup program. The program will pack the entries into a file with the .vcf extension, after which the data can be easily transferred to any other phone, including a push-button one.
1. Download the My Contacts Backup program from the AppStore.
2. Launch the app and allow access to your contacts. Then tap the Backup button to create a backup.
3. Wait for the process to finish, then forward the generated file to another device, for example, by email.
- Download a backup copy of the phone book to your phone.
- Unpack the contacts, and then transfer the numbers to the SIM card using the built-in tools. When you’re done, take out the card and install it back in your iPhone.
If you are using an Android device, follow these steps:
- Open the file manager and find the downloaded phone book file.
- Tap the file. In the app overview, use the Contacts or Directory program. The numbers are immediately saved on the device.
- Further actions are similar to the previous instructions. Start with Step 2, Step 3
Here are two long, but not complicated actions; you can transfer contacts from the iPhone to the SIM card. Use the first method, if you have a Gmail account and an Android device. The second method is suitable for users who have a regular push-button phone or smartphone on a different operating system.
If you still have questions, then you can ask the author a question, leave a comment, or share your experience in the User Comments section below. We will try to respond.