Digitalization created one more world – the reflection of our own. The process changed the thieves of the past – they became tech-savvy and hunt for digital information now. Portable devices are very convenient for accessing the digital world, and thus we tend to store all kinds of information in our smartphones and tablets. We record all our personal data, including (but not limited to) bank, account details, social profiles, passwords, and credentials of all kinds.
Why fussing about it?
If someone gains access to the tablet, he (or she) will know everything to become yourself. This made the providers tighten up their policy concerning Android data protection. Since screen lock is one of the main security levels on the way to your information, it is becoming increasingly harder to hack it. For example, the device cannot be unblocked using Google account credentials anymore.
Most of the time, though, there is nothing you will be able to do to save the information. What is the point in the lock that can be simply bypassed? In most cases, the device owner will have to return to factory defaults, which will erase the password and all the data inside it.
There are, however, simple steps to undertake to ease the pain of this process:
- synch critical information to the cloud regularly – this way you will be able to restore it faster,
- protect the storage with a strong password that only you will know,
- write it down and put in a secret place such as a safe or deposit box,
- don’t use the same spot for both login and username.
Similarly, protect your Google account credentials, and this will make your life private enough.
How do you hard reset?
The easiest way to erase all the data is to enter the Recovery menu. Follow these steps:
- Press and hold the power button to turn the tablet off. Confirm if required.
- Use certain combinations of buttons to enter Recovery. Typically, volume up and power pressed at the same time should work. Some devices are different – inquire about your manufacturer support team or look it up on the internet.
- Use the buttons to find the Factory reset menu item and confirm.
If the tablet asks Google account credentials after the restart – it is high time to extract them from your secure storage. Use your cloud account details to restore the information.
Data protection is a very important aspect of our life. Thus, Android tablets will (most probably) offer the only way to forget the password – erasing everything before you can use it again. By undertaking simple steps described in the article, you will be able not only to minimize data loss risks but also to restore the information faster.